Posted: December 1, 2018
Last Modified: December 1, 2018
We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information to us the information may be sent to servers located in The Netherlands and other countries around the world.
We may collect and store any personal information you enter or provide to us. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number; and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use Hiki to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations), we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our service to share and/or distribute content (including messages, comments or other user interaction), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored in order to allow for such sharing and/or distribution.
We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities using our services.
We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies (small text files that are stored on a user's computer for record keeping purposes) that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online marketing, content, programming or other activities.
We may use information that we collect about you to:
– Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
– Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
– Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
– Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our business partners or other third parties;
– Enforce our terms and conditions;
– Links to documents and resources;
– Manage our business and
– Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases or subscriptions, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We may share personal information with:
1. Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our product’s functionality and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
2. Business partners: To the extent any personal information is contained in any message, comment or other user interaction, such as when you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, and promotions. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
We also may disclose your information:
1. In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
2. When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
3. In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest.
If you are using Hiki you can always review and update your personal information by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of Hiki because such information may be required in order for you to use our services, purchase additional products or services, ask a question or initiate other transactions.
When you start using Hiki we may send you e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that, changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a credit card processing partner or an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized members of our team are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions.
In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using Hiki. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit or store in our service.